Vortometric Burners Deliver Rugged Dependability, High Outputs, and Low Emissions.
Available in the Medium Intensity (MI) or High Intensity (HI) Series, Vortometric burners are built to fire light and heavy fuel oils to extremely high outputs. These, high-capacity, multi-fuel burners can be used with almost any industrial gas – including propane, butane, mixed, and manufactured gases.
Vortometric performance and operational features:
- High turndown capabilities on a wide range of fuels result from the stable flame produced by the air swirl rate.
- Clean, smoke-free combustion results from the unique “vortex generator” which vaporizes fuel oils.
- Low NOx and CO emissions.
- Rugged heavy gauge steel windbox and volute assemblies provide durability.
- Operates with low excess air for maximum efficiency or high excess air for high volume process air heating.
- Single wall alloy, air-cooled alloy, and refractory versions available.
- Standard firing arrangement is horizontal but can be fired vertically with additional gas lance support rods.
- Available as packaged units including valve trains, combustion air blowers, flame supervision and controls.
- Current Version: 4.2
- Type: Nozzle Mixing
- Number of Sizes: 12
- Capacity Range: 6,000,000 to 210,000,000 (Btu/hr) 1764 to 61,540 (kW)
- Turndown: 20:1 up to 30:1
- Max. Process Temperature: 2200°F, 1204°C
- Fuels: Natural Gas, Propane, Butane, Oil, Landfill Gas, Low BTU Gas
- Typical Applications: Dryers, Rotary Kilns, Thermal Fluid Heaters, Thermal Oxidizers, Liquid and waste incineration, Boilers
- Key Attributes: Robust, reliable performance. Compact design. Gas, Oil or combination.